HMS Venomous was finally broken up for scrap at Charlestown on the Firth of Forth in 1948 but the name of Venomous was kept alive by the Sea Cadet Unit in Loughborough, TS Venomous, which received her commissioning pennant that year.
Loughborough's link with HMS Venomous dates back to February 1942 when she was adopted by the town after Loughborough raised £300,000 during Warship Week on the 5 - 14 February 1942.
In October 1987 the Unit was honoured to host a reunion of former officers and men of HMS Venomous during which their guests attended a reception given by the Mayor of Charnwood and a memorable Reunion Dinner.
On the 5 February 2012, exactly 70 years after Loughborough raised the money to adopt HMS Venomous during Warship Week, the buildings on the Grand Union Canal where the cadets of TS Venomous trained were destroyed by fire.
The plaster cast of the ship’s crest saved by "Freddo" Thomas, RDF operator on Venomous, and stolen from his house
and the bronze plaque presented to Venomous by Loughborough to commemorate her adoption melted in the intense heat
TS Venomous has risen from the ashes like a Phoenix and is as active as ever
but these links to HMS Venomous are lost for ever
||Nuneaton & Bedworth
|TS Veteran|| New
|TS Whitley||Whitley Bay
|TS Wyvern||Sittingbourne & Milton